Fine Art :: In your own backyard.

So as some of you know (most of you don't), I am slowly working on a personal project putting together Images and Some personal words into a photo magazine style Coffee Table book. Most of the images that are going into it have no subjects.. no names.. just an artistic visual book, the kind that you pick up because you're curious.. the kind that might open up some inspiration.. 

I have always been fascinated with fine art photography, Its ability to challenge our brains.. and the challenge as a photographer to create for the most part.. art out of nothing but what we have to work with around us. It forces us to step outside our comfort zone and think in textures.. in light and shadows.. in colour tones and depth and how we put all of those together.

When I first started showing a serious interest in photography I heard someone say " There is no greater feeling than to pick up a camera an have the whole world change in front of  you" .. That has stuck with me and will always be in the back of my head. That statement couldn't be more true, without a camera you enjoy the sights and take everything in at face value.. but when you hold a machine that can stop time.. it forces everyone to start viewing every thing, every person.. with a different set of eyes. 

Today I went for a little walk to the creek out back of my house, for the most part its just a creek.. no different than any other wooded area with a stream.. but luckily there was a camera in my hand.. ;)


...




















...
And a shot of one of our dogs just because :)





...

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Custom Semi Trucks can be more comfortable and set you apart from the rest of the crowd. Chrome accessories add a certain "wow factor" that turns heads and adds a touch of class to your vehicle. Truck Chrome stacks

Leave a Reply

I would love to here your comments.