Mrs Johnston promotional photo.

The band and I have something much more creative and exciting than this, but I really wanted to post this shot because to me this shoot should not have happened at all. I left my Pocket Wizards on the table... no sync cords for my lights... meaning no way to use any off camera flash. . . well not entirely true, but who in their right mind would use a long exposure for a band shot.. ME!

This is by no way the proper way to get the look I wanted but leaving the shutter open left me enough time to manually fire all of my lights and get enough ambient to fill the background.

I would like to thank everyone in the band for staying still for this shot :) ( its no easy task getting them to not move around... :P )

settings:

Shutterspeed: 8"
Aperture: F/22
ISO: 100
and all the lighting is manually fired on the guys to freeze them and various subtle accents.

(CLICK FOR LARGER)

Categories:

Leave a Reply

I would love to here your comments.